Because we don’t have a building or paid staff, our overhead is minimal. Here’s how we use the money you give us.
• spay/neuter—we finance as many as we can
• pet food for the Crisis Center, local food pantries, and for for our Feral Cat Colonies
• emergency veterinary care—we finance as many cases as we can. Larger amounts are paid by individuals. These emergency cases have ranged from $50 to $6,000.
• preparing rescued animals for their forever homes (vaccinations, vet care, spay/neuter, etc.)—we finance as many as we can
• live traps and other capture equipment for feral cats
• storage units—one is temperature-controlled for pet food; others are for all our stuff (e.g., traps, pet carriers, records, food/water dishes, pet crates, kitty havens, capture equipment, etc.)
• paper, printer ink, website hosting
Your Clutter, Shopping, & Social Media Help Animals
There are plenty of ways you can help JCHS help animals.
• Through local stores that re-sell items you no longer need. Specify our account number and the proceeds will go to the Johnson County
Stuff Etc—account #246
• Use AmazonSmile an easy way to support us at no cost to you.
• Online from this web site using Paypal (the donate button is at bottom of every page)
• Donate to our Feral Cat Fund via GoFundMe
• Send us cat food via our Amazon Wish List
• Snail Mail at: JCHS, PO BOX 2775, Iowa City, IA 52244-2775
Buy JCHS Paraphernalia on Café Press (coming soon) and Zazzle
JCHS has real-live postage stamps, bumper stickers, and t-shirts available. Who knows, maybe the wonderful animal you adopted from us appears on something?
More Things You Can Do...
10. Like us on Facebook!
space for storing equipment and materials or for
special events (e.g., JCHS Annual Garage Sale; Vaccination 0r Microchip Clinics; Spay/Neuter Events, etc.).
up to transport animals of people who dont
have cars to the veterinarian.
a commitment to help an elderly person care for her pets.
6. Donate money, advertising space, copying/printing, computer skills,
mailing talents, or items for our Wish
up for our Legislative List and receive e-mail
alerts so youll know when (and who) to contact about
4. Train to work on our newsletter,
help with fundraising, or start a speakers bureau!
3. Help transport, and distribute pet food to the Crisis Center and local food pantries through our Pet Food Project.
a Feral Cat Colony Feeder, Humane Trapper, or Feral Cat Colony Manager!
a companion animal a forever home. You cant buy love, but you can rescue it!
Help us help animals! You
may become a member anytime upon the payment of dues. Annual
dues are $30 per individual member or $35 per family membership.
Membership renewal is in October and reminders are sent
our Membership Form. We gather on the second Monday of the month for a
7 pm meeting, usually held at a location TBA.
of us arrives about a half-hour early to meet and help orient
people who are new to the group. Come
to our next meeting. Bring a friend!
|The Membership Form is a PDF file.
|If you don’t already have Adobe’s Acrobat
download it for free.
Last update: 07/15/19.1012pm